How could assessments be used to communicate the vision of science learning underpinning the NGSS to teachers, students, and other stakeholders? How could assessments be used to support the implementation of this vision?
SNAP conducted two projects to lay the groundwork for assessment development for NGSS:
- Designing a model coherent system of assessment for NGSS, and
- Conducting an analysis of the landscape of existing assessments
Follow the links below to read summaries of both projects and to get the full reports.
- A System of Assessment for the Next Generation Science Standards in California
- An Analysis of Existing Science Assessments and the Implications for Developing Assessments for NGSS
- Criteria for the design of engaging, educative, and equitable science performance assessments:
Design Criteria for the Stanford NGSS Assessment Project (SNAP)